• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime95 Stress Test Question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

z.snafu

Registered
I have my 1100T oc to 4.1 right now. When I run Prime95's burn test on Small FFT, it rocks it for hours with no errors. If I run it on blend, I error out within seconds. Does this just mean my CPU OC is good and it's time to get my nb to play nice with the cpu oc?

The Small FFT only works with the CPU itself, it does not interact with the memory system. Blend works with both the CPU and the Memory.

What is your memory settings?

I have my 1100T oc to 4.1 right now. When I run Prime95's burn test on Small FFT, it rocks it for hours with no errors. If I run it on blend, I error out within seconds. Does this just mean my CPU OC is good and it's time to get my nb to play nice with the cpu oc?

What happens is that the CPU has to stop and wait for memory accesses which causes the power consumption to fluctuate wildly. That tests your voltage regulation. LLC might help.

i've attached the screen shot of cpu-z. I also ran memtest86 which found no errors.

What happens is that the CPU has to stop and wait for memory accesses which causes the power consumption to fluctuate wildly. That tests your voltage regulation. LLC might help.

LLC?

If this is turning into a memory problem, maybe the moderators can move it to that thread?

Attachments

• RamSettings.jpg
    RamSettings.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 168
There are two things you can do: Play with Load Line Calibration if your BIOS supports it or increase the CPU voltage. It's easy to check if the memory has anything to do with it: Set CPU/NB, NB and memory timings to very conservative values. If it still fails it's the CPU - either it needs more voltage or it's maxed out.

rrohbeck is on the right track.

snafu what motherboard are you running?

Back