• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Biostar P43-A7] & E8500 Overclocking..help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Li0n

First time OCer here...I couldn't find anything on this MB and I was not sure if it was specific for such, or if it was BIOS specific.

I am in the process of passing down an older box to my kids(gamers in the making) and I just upgraded the cooler on the CPU.
I wanted to overclock it.

Chip - Intel Core 2 Duo - E8500
MB - Biostar P43-A7
RAM - 4GB in 4 Sticks. G.Skill 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)

Running AMIBIOS v08.00.15

Where do I start ( I assume in bios, but WHAT do I set, and to what!? )
How do I test it to make sure it is stable.

:welcome: to OCForums!

You'll want to start with the C2D/C2Q OC Guide, here.

The basics is increasing FSB (and vcore when needed) in small increments, test in Windows with Prime95 or LinX, and repeat. Do that until you either reach the temperature limit (~80C) or vcore limit (~1.45v).

No prob. Oh I forgot, temp monitoring programs you can use are CoreTemp or RealTemp, you need those or you won't know if you're reaching high temps or not.

If you have some specific questions after giving the guide a shot, feel free to post them up, there are plenty of people around here willing to help.

Back