• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SB-E Xeon (SB-EP) Folding Discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I cant wait... wish it was sooner :p Also, will be nice to see the performance benchmarks on these for folding... Still deciding bettween a 4p IL/MC or a 2P SB-E Xeon... +/- $1500 (from 4500).

Ditto, except I'm also deciding (figuring out?) how in the heck I'm going to fund said purchase. ;)

One word... I just learned it myself... always knew about it, but never tried it until a few days ago... first; screw garage sales:

EBAY!

Man, its amazing the junk (not just comps) I have, and how fast that stuff adds up to cash... I was a horder, now I am a reverse Horder... (not really, lol!)

I'm holding out for an EVGA SB/IB dual socket 2011 board as my end-all workstation solution. They're supposedly working on it. I hope I get my medical IT position so I can get it later this year and it actually gets released.

EVGA SRX Z79 duallie :drool:

attachment.php

Last edited:
I too am hoping this comes out before the race, but soon enough that I can hock my gear, make a profit, and afford to upgrade to this... Other than that, I am soooo ready to pull the trigger on a 4p... but those damn boards are on back order. At least Tyan is at Newegg now. But still, I am drooling for a SB-E Xeon too.

This time, Asus is also coming out with a competing overclocking 2p MB. Should keep EVGA on it's toes and hopefully have a little price competition. I remember when the SR-2 boards were $600.

Back