• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED MOUSE SHORTAGE TURNS OFF LAPTOP.HLP PLZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mp4ct

Registered
Well, i have recently discovered the reason why my laptop keeps turning off... It was my Mouse having a shortage somewhere in the wiring...:facepalm: I found this out by testing the semi broken mouse with my desktop, and it had a shortage in it, i could tell because it would turn on and off while i was moving the cord around... so i went to FRY's to buy another mouse. It works perfectly on the desktop and the laptop without any problems (the new mouse). The shorted mouse will still cause my laptop to shut off completely for a while. So here's the question to you guys, is there any website, or video i can look at/watch to help me fix my Shorted mouse? I really want to use it again, since it was almost perfect for me... it sucks having a half dead mouse that sometimes works. Thanks for the Concernes if you try to help me. :D

Plzzplzzz :D

NVM the shorted mouse made one of my desktop usb ports have a power surge and it hasnt worked for about 20 minutes. A problem notification popped up saying* power surge in usb exceeded usb power limits* or something like that

You could try to rummage around your junk collection and replace your fave mouses cord with another. I'd probably do the same for my old trusty Belkin mouse that I'm using.

The shorting cord probably drew more than the 500mA that USB supports, windoze monitors that..for instance it reports I'm drawing 100mA for mouse and keyboard each. (device manager>usb devices>usb hub 001)

Last edited:
You're very welcome!
Kindof winged it on that one, some have connectors cause they source them from a cord manufacturer, some are soldered in place.

I tend to take everything apart, just to see what's in 'em. :thup:

Back