• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Llano 3870k Ln2 2d/3d runs(Over for today)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TsunamiJuan

Llano 3870k Ln2 2d/3d runs(Live Again)

Hitting the points runs finally for the 3870k, Gonna focus more on getting some TPP's up across the board, then i will attempt to push into the mid to high 5ghz range.

Last edited:
So turns out the 3d performance on this chip was worse than my previous chip, so wasnt worth doing 3d's with for now. So I decided to chase the dragon, with the highest valid for the day being 5790mhz. Though we saw 5840 a couple times, i didnt get the valid off.

Gonna try again tommarow with my ASUS board. Since the VRM's on the gigabyte a75-ud4h don't seem to be quite strong enough for the 2.2v i was trying to get them to put out :D

Had some great results, got 2400mhz out of 2x2gb dominiator gt cm4's @ 9-9-9-24 which isnt bad at all. Plus i got 5900mhz out of the 3870k, and just bearly missed a valid for 5939mhz :\ chips still got more if its not dead :D

Thanks guys, hopefully i didnt kill the chip and i will be able to get that 5940 valid that i almost got out of it.

We got close, over 6GHz was seen in the CPUz window, but no valids :(

I have a tube of gelid extreme that is going to see some action, we'll see if it helps.

I tried switching to the gelid, but I had a bad mount, and i didn't do near as good. I also was limited on LN2 and time. I will try again next time I can get some LN2.

wont know till i submit or check the film, i just bearly got it off. got it on video though :D

Sadly easytune just died on me again costing me time to fix it :\ it keeps bugging out and saving states that it considers a hazard (well duhhh), so it crashes on launch, but i can raise the voltage without it :\

6016.7 , i am a little annoyed though, I was sure i got on on film, turns out the camera that part of it off like a minute or two before ithappened, due to the fact it hit the max file size of 4gb :\ I am not a happy camper about that. O well i'll get it next time when i break 6067 or something :D

Bad news is i once again have to reinstall the OS due to easy tune having a spazma attack and screwing something up :\. Cant do this without easy tune at this point, Would of proably hit 6030 had i not had to spend an hour trying to get easy tune to work.

Picking up some more ln2 tommarow since i am almost out and the contest comes to a close on tuesday, Gotta push some better numbers if i am gonna stay in the top ranks.

Hey so check this out. Y'all wanna know why we do this? Well here's part of it:
tjuan on gbt.png

Back