• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is non conductive coolant really non conductive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bjornbjorn

Registered
I heard mixed reviews on Non Conductive Coolant. I was told that once it runs through the system it get copper particles mixed into it and become conductive? Is this true. Also if there is a leak and it gets onto any parts I was told it wouldnt ruin them is this also true?

Any non conductive coolant that contains water will become conductive as soon as you pump it across a copper plate. If it leaks onto parts of your system it very well could destroy them. Proper installation of fittings, correctly installed and clamped tubing, aswell as regular maintainence keep your system safe. Most mixed coolants also contain dyes or other compounds that break down over time and will end up clogging up your system.

What is the point of non conductive coolant if it is absolutely useless? Is it just a gimmick?

Yep just marketing mumbo jumbo. It is non conductive while its in the bottle. But then again so is pure water.

Back