• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lenovo K800 Intel Powered Smartphone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
What's the word on the street, is it getting anyone interested?

I'm not sure what other manufacturers are claiming to compare these claims - I always believe this sort of info needs independent verification. For example, I have a 6 hour battery less than a year old that usually lasts 3 hours if I'm using wifi and actively web browsing - it would probably last 6 hours if I sat there and looked at with the screen on but it not doing anything.

These are the specs claims I caught during the Intel keynote:
-HDMI output supports 1080P
-6 hours of video playback
-45 hours of audio playback
-8 hours of 3G
-14 days of standby
-Camera that can snap 10 highdef pictures in a second

All that sounds pretty impressive to me (with a healthy large dose of skepticism), and this being the first phone to feature an Intel processor, it definitely has me intrigued.

One think to note in the Anandtech article, he mentions he is skeptical about the binary translationg intel is using for arm code in applications. Using qemu and userland emulation you can get near native speed with emulation. The reason being that linux -> linux calls have almost no overhead in the translation process. I've down this to run x86 applications inside ubuntu on my touchpad. So its quite likely to see 90-95% performance of arm code on this device.

Ya, they covered that in the CES keynote as well, but they mostly said it runs stuff great and showed an example, without going into any detail about translating things on the fly.

Back