• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyper 212 Evo Hot Temps With Phenom X4 955

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrustyButt

123 West Awesome Ave. Blueberry, Pancakes
Hey guys, I'm a bit of a noob on the forums, so sorry if I am doijg anything wrong if I shouldn't be.

I've let the thermal paste set for a while now, mabye 4 days, and my idle temps are around 45 C, when I run a game like Black Ops, or BF3 my temps will go as high as 66 C, yes I know it is 62 C for the temp you should keep it under...:bang head. Anyways, I have 2 120 MM fans on my Evo (Push/Pull) I recently took off my back fans pulling air in the case, any ideas?

btw, When I applied thermal paste I put maybe 2 pea sized dots and flattened it out with a old gift card...any suggestions? Also, I've tried the side panel off and my temps are still 34 C - 42 C..would buying a CM HAX 912 or whatever that case is help? Thank you in advance.

I recently installed a 212 EVO on my 955. Running on a 3.9Ghz OC I average 38c idle temps, and 53c under max load. Did you set the heatsink down as perfectly straight as possible? I used the paste included with the heatsink. Did you do the same?

Nah, that sounds ok. I had a Phenom X4 955BE before my current chip. For some reason it always reported insanely high temps regardless of what cooler I ran on it, then I when I went to my current X6 it reports temps lower than ambient. I think its fair to say the temps listed by the CPU are not terribly accurate. Not too much to worry about.

Thanks all, I will do that later tonight, I am right now idleing at 34 C, I do have bad airflow in my case though...Should I even look into a new case? I mean would that 912 I mentioned earlier give me better temps? And for load testing Prime95 or another good stress tester?

My load temps are 61c with the stock cooler that came with my 850, they're still high, but yours are even higher.. How many fans do you have in your case? Do you have any exhaust fans or you've turned all of them so that they'll blow air in the case?
Also - what are your ambient temps?

You seriously have no case fans? Sounds like the hot air is just building up inside your case....

The entire HAF line is awesome. I personally have the 932, and i helped a friend build a rig in a 922. I would recommend either one.

Back