• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H80 cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scrub206

Is there any way to set the H80 cooler to like Auto fan speeds? meaning itll increase the fan speeds when getting hotter?

EDIT: also, should i have my fans pulling air into the case, or blowing it out the back (fans on the radiator)

im still trying to get my case cooled properly ;o;

Last edited:
Take fresh air from outside the case.. Push air into case from the rear fan location, or from one of the top slots on the 600T..

Is there any way to set the H80 cooler to like Auto fan speeds? meaning itll increase the fan speeds when getting hotter?

Not unless you use the corsair Link mode, which requires the link device, which is crazy expensive and (almost) useless.

You should be fine on the lowest or medium setting if you're in the 4.5ghz range on your 2600k.

also, should i have my fans pulling air into the case, or blowing it out the back (fans on the radiator)

I have my two radiator fans exhausting. So they are pulling some warm air off my video cards, which is not optimal. It's the only way to do it in my Raven, really.

Having them pull cold air into the radiator is the best option, but it didn't make a huge difference for me. Still getting great temps.

I have a stock 2600k and im getting temps from 74-78c atm

so for my case should i do one of these numbers? --> ^ <--- ?

Those are crazy high temps even for a poorly-cooled case, I think your block is not seated properly.

Do you have any thermal paste you can use to reseat it ?

yeah i have thermal paste. when i reseat the block what should i use to clean the thermal pastes off?

reseated the block.. ran PRIME95 for a bit and i am now coming out with 55-60c !

Heres something I found searching about your temps..

I love canadians.. just sayin also i have mine doing the push pull now. so thats fun xD.

much, much better :beer:

that's about what i get with mine at 4.5ghz

w00t yeah much happier with these temps.

another quick question. in this AnandTech review, they have ridiculous numbers like in the low twenties. im assuming this is just idle? amirite? :

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5054/corsair-hydro-series-h60-h80-and-h100-reviewed/5

Nope, those are loaded with Prime95.
BUT the charts show DELTA temps, meaning how much further above ambient temp they're running, to keep their ambient temps from skewing results.

So if their room temp was 22°C, and the chart shows 23°C, then reported CPU temp was 45°C.

just ran PRIME95 again cause im paranoid. why? i have no idea lol but im running 56-63c now... ill try to stop freaking out haha

Back