• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build: Dr.Gonzo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

onetootreefor

Registered
Hey guys new build here. It's as complete as it is going to get until the gtx580 ftw hydrocopper comes down in price, when that happens I will buy one and rebuild my loop....on with the show:

yfZwb.jpg

that is a core i7 2600k sandy bridge oc'd to 4.6ghz, asus p8z68 deluxe/gen3 mobo, 4x4gb corsair vengeance ddr3, corsair ax750 psu, corsair force 3 120gb ssd

vUsGr.jpg
ZpQpQ.jpg

had to use a dremel to cut my mobo tray for the 24 pin connector. Not bad for my first time. I know now I should have cut from the backside :(

qw2qS.jpg
SVImQ.jpg
98hSo.jpg
Ffhcp.jpg

thats an apogee HD waterblock by swiftech....i shoulda got the 24k gold for 30 more dollars

thn69.jpg
VSSoK.jpg

my cut after i put in my custom grommets

KMskT.jpg
1riEq.jpg
YTPtM.jpg
96zbw.jpg
gSwRn.jpg

here is the water block my gf got me for christmas that almost broke my video card :(

9S3r0.jpg
Rv6cF.jpg

and here are my stats after it was running

ea8DA.jpg

Not a bad start. Im sure you can max out that graphics score in WEI once you actually overclock your GPU. Watercooling GPUs is for vModding. Im running 1.115v through my 460s which are stock at 0.95v and they still dont get over 36c when loaded. However that voltage bought me a full 115mhz WITH SLI enabled.

yeah my temps are way too high right now for any vmodding. I have done that with some old 7900s but this one pushes 90c after gaming for a few hours on the stock cooler so it needs to be replaced or put under water.

Back