• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon II x3 unlocked to Phenom II x4 OCing questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike460

Hey all :)
Firstly is it recommended? Will I have any issues if I do OC it?

My mobo gives me the option for OC Genie lite - Should I use this?

I would really like some advice on OCing this. little scared of blowing up my board xD

Here's some notes I have made from the BIOS if these help

Cool n Quiet - Disabled
CPU FSB Freq - 200MHz
CPU Ratio - x16
CPU Freq - 3.2 GHz
CPU-NB ratio - x10 (2000MHz)

Unlocked Cores - Enabled
(Originally an AMD Athlon II x3 450 3.2GHz but 4th core changed it to AMD Phenom II x4 B50)
-All 4 cores enabled

CPU temp - 38o
(HW Monitor shows all 4 cores at 25-26o)

System temp - 23o

CPU vCore - 1.4

Any advise people can give would be amazing!
Thanking you muchly

Mike :)

Stress test that unlocked core by running a programme called prime95, let it run for about an hour, if it does not fail the test then you're good to start overclocking it,and so long as you read dolks guide (it's in the stickys) you will have a nice clocked quad come the end.
Edit: keep a eye on you're core temps just to mak sure they stay below 55c when stressing it (it should be fine but just in case)
Edit2: don't use the oc genie, leave it @ stock to run prime95 then if alls well, overclock with the bios only

Last edited:
Glad the 4th core unlocked for you...hopefully its stable. I built a system with that same CPU and it unlocked to a 4th core. Since the system was for someone else and it had the stock heatsink, I only put it up to 3.6ghz and it passed a 6 hour prime95 run.

If you dont get any errors/held after running prime95, check out dolks overclocking guide:
http://www.overclockers.com/step-guide-overclock-amd-phenom/

That should get you started.

EDIT: didn't see that Keny said to check out dolks guide :)

Last edited:
If it's any help here is what I was able to do with my 435.

Stock Volts, and stable - Everyday Use
athlonunlockedmid.png

Max, so far, Haven't had much time to play with it yet
18204302.png

Hope it helps some.

-Kilroy

Back