• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for some assistance.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goliith

Registered
A few months ago I decided to Overclock my 1090t BE. After reading up a good amount on it I undertook the task and quickly got the system running at 4.15Ghz stable.

Now here's where I need help, getting back to that number :/

About a month ago I ran into a problem running a game, after much frustration I eventually succumbed to the advise of trying to set everything to defaults (Didn't solve the problem). Since that day I've only been running a Minor OC again. (About 3.6ghz, no vcore change)

My problem, and thereby need of assistance stems from the fact that when I attempt to change my voltages these days...no matter how tiny of a change, even if everything else in my BIOS is on default, my system will fail to boot after the change and will report an 'Overclock failed' message after cold booting.

If anyone has insight into why this could be happening, or perhaps something silly I'm just missing that can be pointed out, I would be very grateful. System spec should be in sig...I think.

Have you removed all A/C power to the power supply and then removed the CmOs battery for a few mins and then put it back and then REapplied A/C power and booted to bios and loaded optimized defaults or similar and then checked the voltage adjusting problem?

Thank you so much Rgone, it worked perfectly! I'll have to keep this in mind if I ever run into troubles again.

Just threw it up to a quick overclock of 4.0ghz but it's looking pretty stable, don't have time to stress test it just yet, have to run Prime95 tonight.

Gotta get this PC stable and bitchin' before my 7970 gets here tomorrow evening!

Back