• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Low Noise Heatsink for LGA 1155

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhobMX

Hi Guys...

So I'm back to business! I'm going to setup a rig after all these years, but I'm not sure about which heatsink to get.

I'd like a quietish 120mm+ heatsink, I have a rheostat so I can pump up the CFM while gaming.

I tried looking at the sticky and the homepage but I couldn't find the old ranking.

Thanks in advance

Personally, I got the Hyper 212 Evo, and it works great with my 955, I know that its easy to mount on the 1155 socket and such, I highly reccommend it, however if your not willing to spend the extra $10 bucks for the Evo edition, the 212+ works about the same. I've had experience with both, and I can't notice a difference. If you want to spend ~60-80 go for the H60 , that will provide a tad bit better temps for your CPU, I'm guessing you have a i5 2500 or 2500k?

nvm, i see your specs.

What is your price point to shop at and what size case are you using for this build? Since you live in the Great White North, :D I'm not real conversant with your e-tailer stores besides NCIX and Newegg.ca.

EDIT: Looking at NCIX, I ran across a pretty good deal on a Zalman CNPS9900Max for $59.99 with a $15 rebate on it. That makes if $44.99 AR, which is a very good deal for a decent performing, very well built heatsink. And Crusty's suggestion of the 212 Evo is a good choice too. NCIX has it for $34.98 and the earlier 212 Plus model for $30.66.

Last edited:
I just build my new machine that i dubbed little monster. Reason being is that i have a i7 2700k in a thermaltake lanbox lite case :D. I was just wondering if anybody has any suggestions with what type of air cooling solution i can go for. I looked at a few heatsinks but don't know what to go for. Right now i have a POS zalman that isn't doing crap for my processor. Idle at around 35, under load when i run intel burn test, 90+. So you can see my dilemma here. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Back