• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS GPU Tweak

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aldakoopa

KING OF PROCRASTINATION Member
Just curious if anyone has used this yet? I just downloaded and I'm installing it now to see how it does.

It seems the maximum CPU clock limit it sets for this card is 900MHz, but the MINIMUM memory clock limit it sets is... 4400MHz!?! I know that won't work! I'm afraid to even use it.

Well, after a little research into the subject, I just realised that's not MHz, that's Mbps, so the 4400 is equal to the 1100MHz factory pre-overclock. No other overclocking tool I've used uses that to measure memory clock, which really threw me off. It still uses MHz to measure the core clock though.

After playing with ASUS GPU Tweak, I have to say I'm unimpressed. I got better results with AMD Overdrive and MSI Afterburner. It has about the same cap as those to applications as well, so it didn't even allow me to push my GPU like Sapphire TriXX did. I really see no reason to use it over the other three options, unless for some reason, they don't work for you.

Just FYI, MSI Afterburner's limits can be removed via a .INI tweak, if you're interested in using it over TRIXX.

Also, it's bizarre that ASUS GPU Tweak uses that measurement for clocks.

Just FYI, MSI Afterburner's limits can be removed via a .INI tweak, if you're interested in using it over TRIXX.

Also, it's bizarre that ASUS GPU Tweak uses that measurement for clocks.

Thanks for the info, but I'm not even using MSI Afterburner. I've only overclocked it to what I need for good performance in my games, and it's working just fine with AMD Overdrive, so I'm just leaving it at that. But, I like to test out the different programs. Asus GPU Tweak is still only in beta testing right now, but I don't imagine it will be much better than what there already is.

I did find that clock measurement very strange myself. It scared me to even use it because I thought it was MHz. I just imagined my computer exploding. :rofl:

Back