• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II 955 X4 3.2GHz for Intel i5 2500k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Whitefang

So my friend wants to trade me his Intel i5 2500k, motherboard (ASUS), and 4gigs of DDR3 1333 off-brand RAM for my Phenom II 955, motherboard (ASRock), and 8 gigs of DDR3 1600 G.SKILL RAM.

I don't know if he's /actually/ serious, but if he is, I'm going to do it in a heartbeat. We both have Hyper 212+ coolers, so his will run as fast as mine, and I should be able to get the i5 up to 4.5 GHz (hopefully).

Thoughts? :OO:

So my friend wants to trade me his Intel i5 2500k, motherboard (ASUS), and 4gigs of DDR3 1333 off-brand RAM for my Phenom II 955, motherboard (ASRock), and 8 gigs of DDR3 1600 G.SKILL RAM.

I don't know if he's /actually/ serious, but if he is, I'm going to do it in a heartbeat. We both have Hyper 212+ coolers, so his will run as fast as mine, and I should be able to get the i5 up to 4.5 GHz (hopefully).

Thoughts? :OO:

Why in this life time would he want to do that?

Your trading more RAM for less, is that why?
RAM is dirt cheap these days, and that i5 will monster the 955.....

Let us know if he takes the bait, and more importantly will he regret it?

And getting an i5 2500K overclocked is childs play.

Thoughts = none. You said done in a heartbeat so the decision-making is over. :)

Oh yeah, it's just one of those 'discussion' topics xD.

My friend is actually pretty good with computers (helped me choose my parts and put them together - he knows the difference in them). I don't have the foggiest idea why he'd want to trade. I think he's pulling my leg. He knows RAM is dirt cheap, although he's kinda tight on cash right now. He knows he can live with 4.

Back