• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible motherboard problems? Temps/voltage issues/Warnings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techiemon

My new pc has been acting strange and I am not sure if it is due to the overclocked CPU or what.

Anything wrong here? See the pic below.

And in addition I keep getting Asus Au Suite messages that are warning me that my motherboard is -60 degrees?? And I just got a warning also about a 3.3V problem?!

I have my CPU overclocked to 4.333 using the EPU and TPU, but I have been running 2 cores for folding plus the GPU at the same time... do I need to reduce the OC of the CPU to avoid problems? When I opened my system I felt it was a little warm, the power supply seems warm on top also, is this normal?

Or do I have something else entirely going on? Bad motherboard?

First file is just recent when I got the voltage warning. And second photo with mostly white screen is CPUID software together with the warning of motherboard temp in the lower right corner.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• cpuid question rev1.jpg
    cpuid question rev1.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 539
  • TEMPERATURE PROBLEMS together rev1.jpg
    TEMPERATURE PROBLEMS together rev1.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 539
strange temp readings solved by bios update.

In case anyone is reading this, do not turn on the EPU and TPU at the same time either, they will make your system unstable especially the DRAM.

My new pc has been acting strange and I am not sure if it is due to the overclocked CPU or what.

Anything wrong here? See the pic below.

And in addition I keep getting Asus Au Suite messages that are warning me that my motherboard is -60 degrees?? And I just got a warning also about a 3.3V problem?!

Nope. Your HWmonitor looks exactly like mine on sig rig 1, right down to the extra strange voltages and all the 65K max fan rpms. Only difference with my AI Suite popup messages is mine say my mobo temp is -127 instead of -60

My machine has never lifted off and flown through the wall, so I know those fans really haven't hit 65K rpm :p

I've just lived with it so far, but I need to do the bios update as well

LZ_Xray, try updating your bios, once I updated the bios to the latest version those strange temp and voltage warnings from ASUS disappeared. And As Earthdog and another moderator told me, stop using HWmonitor and get realtemp or coretemp, both of which work really well by the way, no more odd readings, though those two programs do not offer fan RPM readings, if you need those you will need to find a better program that caters to those or just use AI suite, I only use AI suite now to monitor the fan speeds, I feel I don't need another program to deal with those.

Hi Earthdog, this thread was posted before that one, and the problems in this thread about the warnings were solved after I updated the bios to the latest version. Indeed I have already stopped using this application after you guys mentioned it wasn't that good and use the other two now. I haven't replied to that thread yet, but will shortly. Thanks.

Back