• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Z68A-GD55-B3 ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

king1990

hi .. it's me again :D:D

I have found new mobo which is MSI Z68A-GD55-B3 which is 35$ above the Gigabyte Z68P-DS3 I know the MSI is far better but the problem I cant know if it will support the ivy bridge ? and I cant find any review for it ?...

G3 has PCIe3.0 ready for IB. Though some boards will support IB without PCIe3 on the board (I believe).

thanks for fast replay
but the g3 is not available here.. so in general how do rate the MSI out of 10 ? and is it worth the 35 $ ?

MSI is a quality manufacturer. I wouldnt worry about their products. If you would like to know what CPU's each board supports, go to the MSI website, find the board you are looking for, and click on CPU COMPATIBILITY list and it will show you. Most Z68 boards, regardless of G3 will support IB CPU's with a proper bios.

thank you EarthDog for your fast replay again ... so msi will not dump us when ivy bridge come ... thank you again

Its not intrinsic to MSI, most if not all Z68 based boards and I hear some P67 boards (which are not PCIe3) will still support IB. Just look up the mobo at their site to confirm.

Back