• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor doesn't power on after power off.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anfallgel

Hey all,

Experiencing a weird problem and can't figure it out. I just replaced my w2207 HP monitor on my main rig with a fancier 27". So, I gave the HP to my wife's rig which is currently sporting an old ATI x800 Pro. The x800 Pro previously had dual 17" displays and now with the HP monitor is attempting a 22" & 17" dual display setup.

The computer boots just fine and all is well. The problem starts when you turn the monitor off or enter screen saver mode. It won't display again unless you reboot. The monitor simply says "DVI - No Input Detected". I've tried turning off all power saver modes, tried with just one display, nothing.

Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Sounds like a drive problem to me. You might try reinstalling the drivers? And you've tried the 'detect displays' button, I take it?

Sounds like a drive problem to me. You might try reinstalling the drivers? And you've tried the 'detect displays' button, I take it?

When I originally attached the monitor to the PC, I couldn't select the native 1680x1050 resolution. So, I used the ATI auto detect web utilitity to download the more recent legacy Catalyst drivers for the x800. After installing this driver I was able to select the correct resolution. So, to answer your question I am using the most recent drivers, I'd hope that they aren't the problem.

Also, regarding a 'detect displays' button, I'm not sure I have said button. I've tried all of the buttons on the HP monitor, but none of them help.

If you right click on the desktop under Windows 7 and select 'screen resolution', there's a button on that window that says 'detect'. That's the one I was talking about. Does it work?

Yea you may just need to install the .inf file for the monitor if its not detected

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3363837&

I was really hopeful that this was it. I was finally able to spend some more time trying to troubleshoot this. Installed the .inf and nada. I hit the monitor power button, and attempt to power back up and the OSD comes up and says VGA: No Input Signal Detected, DVI: No Input Signal Detected.

A bit frustrating for sure haha. Don't really know what else to do. I've gotten the latest Catalyst drivers. I've ensured the monitor is the primary display. Would it pay off to try a VGA cable instead of DVI? Doubt the mrs. would notice the loss in quality anyway. This is an XP system too btw.

I'd try older catalyst drivers. That would be the next logical step for troubleshooting. I'd first try dropping a few versions of catalyst, then try the next to most recent version.

I would also try VGA instead of DVI, I'd expect that to fix it probably.

Have the same problem on Samsung 27" 3D screen, T27A950 and Evga GTX 590.

if i turn off the screen. leave it for a bit. trun the screen back on, cant seem to find the signal. i need to turn the screen off and on a few times then it finds it again.

but whats odd is that i dont have that problem when using a Samsung 55" series 6 led... comes up every time.

i dont know if its a " driver " problem. have tryed 4 sets of drivers, all do the same thing. im thinking it has to be hardware at the end of the day...

and both get hooked up the same. DVI-HDMI, running on HDMI 1.4a cables 1920x1080p 60hz.

i dont know if theres a fix. been trying all kinds of things. but its nice to see im not the only one with this problem :facepalm:

neo

When I originally attached the monitor to the PC, I couldn't select the native 1680x1050 resolution.
OP, in your first post you mention a new 27" LCD, but in this post you mention a native 1680x1050 resolution.

Something is amiss here, there are no 27" LCD monitors with that resolution, are you sure you aren't feeding the monitor a resolution it can't address? (which makes sense in light of the problems you are having).

And since it needs to be asked, what exact make and model monitor did you buy?

And just in case you're running dual-displays, temporarily disconnect the old monitor while you are troubleshooting your new monitor, it makes things simple and may be necessary in your case.

OP, in your first post you mention a new 27" LCD, but in this post you mention a native 1680x1050 resolution.

Something is amiss here, there are no 27" LCD monitors with that resolution, are you sure you aren't feeding the monitor a resolution it can't address? (which makes sense in light of the problems you are having).

And since it needs to be asked, what exact make and model monitor did you buy?

And just in case you're running dual-displays, temporarily disconnect the old monitor while you are troubleshooting your new monitor, it makes things simple and may be necessary in your case.

Thanks for the help, however you misread a bit, the 1680x1050 resolution is for the HP 2207 22" monitor that I replaced on MY rig with a 27" and am attempting to use on my WIFE's rig. The 22" is what I'm having problems with. Still haven't found a solution. I have actually just resorted to leaving it on with a screensaver or just shutting it down.

Back