• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED NEW RAM WON'T WORK ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

watcher6342

Tried to install new xms2 dhx 2x2 gb ddr2 ram, but system would not boot. I had to uninstall and re-install my original ram. did i do something wrong? do i need to do something different?

none at all, then it gave me the option of restart normally or run file repair, then locked up on that. that is when i put old ram back in.

i couldnt do anything with it. it locked up. i had to power down and retry, and stipp nothing. that is when i reinstall orig. ram

just changed cpu and now i get nothing. it will power up, but will not boot or anything. it wont even light up the keyboard , mouse, monitor and the hdd sounds like it is trying to boot, but nothing else. the comp will not power down by power switch. i have to flip the switch on the psu to get it to power down. i have no idea what is going on.

Back