• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 x 550 Ti Cards = occasional stutter / picture loss

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thearthurdog

Registered
I am running dual 550 Ti cards (not in SLI as I use the PC for online poker and don't need SLI).

I run 2 x monitors off one card and 1 x monitor off another.

I occasionally have this problem where the monitors will all briefly look they have lost signal before very quickly coming back on again. It is accompanied by a brief noise from the PC, which sounds like it is 'slowing down' for a moment.

I rolled back and then reupdated the nVidia drivers, but it seems to have not helped.

Any ideas?

Sounds like your PSU is working to hard. I would recommend upgrading it. If you happened to have a good PSU that meets your requirements then I wouldn't know what your issue is.

I think this is sorted. I have errors in my event manager that coincide exactly with my 'stutters'. It says that the nVidia drivers have stopped working. As the drivers were current, I rolled them back and have had no further problems.

Back