• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS p8z68-v LX overclocking help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSpaR

Hi,
I'm getting very frustrated trying to OC this board. I have called ASUS to be told they dont support OCing even tho they make it part of the bios.. umm ok.

So, I am in my bios, in the adv settings and trying to set the cpu multiplier. it shows 'auto' I can manually change it but then after clicking off ofthat line, it goes back to 'auto' again. This is soo frustrating. Only when I use the CPU Tuner will it change the multiplier,BCLK and memory speeds. I cant change the default auto in voltages either.

Seems like when I google OCing this board I get alot of posts with selections not in my bios screen. Like for LLC. Change this to 'ultra high' well this isnt an option in my bios. LLC is there, but theres only a selection for enable or disable. Wha??

I need to know what I'm doing wrong and why I cant make these changes.

So here's my set up:
Intel i5 2500k
ASUS p8z68-v LX
8 gbs ddr3 GSkill
120 gb SSD
CoolerMaster CM590 case
650w OCZ PS

HELP!!!

have you updated to the latest bios for the board?
in AI tuner if thats what its called____ set it to manual and then you can make the changes... you probably still have it set to auto.. check that and see

Hi Mago for the quick reply.

Sry I didnt go into too much detail about what I set or didnt set.

I have flashed the bios to the latest one this morning. Still have same issues.

I set the Ai Tuner (or whatever) from 'auto' to 'manual' and still cant change the multi, bclk nor volts.

Grr!

im having similar problems i managed to change from auto by pressing + but i can only reach a 41 multiplier. Been searching for a week to see if i was doing something wrong.

my set up

Intel i5 2500k
ASUS p8z68-v LX
8 gbs ddr3 GSkill (2x4)
Corsair H60
600W ATX
1.5tb Seagate HD
EVGA GTX 560 Ti 448

Hmm strange. I know it must be something I'm missing. One of the other 'auto' settings need to be changed first or some such. Wish I could get an answer from ASUS. I put in a support ticket so we'll see if they respond with some thing constructive or just tell me I need to check the overclockers forums. lol

might seem kinda simple but i hit enter after i put the number in instead of clicking off to elt bios know i want to register that info...
other than that i cant be very helpful on my board the top option i forget what it is i have to set to manual... i will reboot and look see just cant remember off hand.

DOH! Looksl ike I needed to press the 'enter' key after making changes. I only tested this with the multiplier field but it worked.

I feel like a noob. However, I was able to change other fields without using the 'enter' key after.

I checked the manual again and it does not state you must use the 'enter' key to save changes ot these fields. Maybe ASUS needs better instructions so we know that this is how you make those field changes.

LOL, how you think i figured out to hit enter.... or at least got it to work that way , i had the same issue as you did.
i was always leary of messing with the bios, i am much more comfortable now, knowledge is power.
congrats and good luck to you.:D

I will check that out once i get home from work tonight im almost positive i pressed enter but could be a noob oh well

Back