• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im looking for a new 990fx board.. sugestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kraver

Registered
im looking for a new 990fx mobo and lookin for cons and pros about both boards crosshairV 990fx vs. sabertooth 990fx. also wandering if my 120gb revodrive will have issues with either board or not? i do a little overclocking nothing serious, and im just looking for reliability and stability. if anyone has other 990fx sugestions plz reply, but im kinda an asus fan.

thx alot :D

My 120 Revo works just fine with the CVF you are considering, though it had issues with the CIVE.

I'm not sure about the sabertooth, but I'd go with the CVF unless you can find someone else confirming OS install compatibility on the sabertooth - in my experience its been hit or miss with the revo and windows installation, due to many boards changing power states to the PCIe slots mid windows installation, which isn't good when thats where your OS drive is located.

I am generally happy with the CVF as well, it has had some quirks compared to the CIVE, but I have a longer relationship with the CIVE and maybe I'm just a little old fashioned and partial to it.

Back