• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAF912 and Push Pull

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mspazz

Hello everyone. Been lurking for a while and finally decided to make an account and get active.

I built a new system in September after getting rid of my Dell XPS. I put an Intel 2500K with a Biostar TZ68A+ mobo in my HAF 912. Right now I'm running only the stock case fans, which are the two front 120MM. I'm going to be pushing my CPU from stock (3.3) up to 4.5 here soon. I'm running the Hyper212+ on my cpu, I'm getting good temps.

What I'm trying to figure out is where I should add some extra fans to get a good push/pull set up going. I'm undecided between doing 2 120MM or putting 1 200MM on the top.

Also, something I'm not to sure about, is if my mobo has enough connections to support two more fans or if I'm going to have to get some connectors for my PSU to do it.

im not the fan guru by any means....i have the CM Enforcer and currently have 2 200mm fans, i find the case to be a little warm as i do not have the side mount fan that you do :cry:

i would probably do the 2 120's intake pushing (front), add the 140 side pushing in on the video cards and have the 120 rear pulling and 2 120's on top pulling.

my logic is to have the cool air in from the bottom and pulling the heat out the top since heat rises anyhow....

just my two cents, i could be wrong.......

for your set up stock fans may do, if thats not the case then definatley some better fans could move considerbly more air depending on what you get.

however i have seen on the lanboy cse all fans go inward to creat positive pressure, i cant speak intellignetly about that but it sounds like a good idea...lol

Back