• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for sonicwall help :/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gangaskan

we have a NSA 4500 (i think)

we also have a Isakmp tunnel that routes all of our police MDT traffic through a tunnel to sprint back to the car, we can ping local traffic, however, when i need to access resources outside of our network i have to go via proxy or figure out how to setup routing through the sonicwall to get access to certian things (passive FTP being one i need)

has anyone dealt with this? what steps do i need to accomplish this? is this something that was created on the sprint side? they have a cisco device that i'm unable to touch at their end.

edit: also, i do have a squid proxy (not transparent). we have dansguardian running to block sites on their end, just fyi :rofl: can i passive ftp proxy on it? i was able to do so on my pc, but not the pc itself.

I haven't had to deal with anything like that before, but I would first validate that there are no rules for stateful packet inspection that is dropping outbound FTP packets on your firewall, and then validate with Sprint that the ports on their end are open.

Back