• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nvidia gefore 8800 GTX 728mb broken help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trekky

it boots into windows with no problem windows detects the card in system info, GPUz finds the card also, But when you try to launch a world of tanks it says needs directX card (have tryed other games 2)
then i tryed furmark and it says no compatible card found

it works on windows with no green on dis colours no patterns but when you a game it says you dont have a GPU

+ nvidia program says it does not detect a GPU
but windows/GPUz detects the thing np

i have not cooked the card yet that would be my LAST option
on and how do i put the thermal paste back on the GPU? do i do it like CPUs?

i think this is whats wrong what do you think
IMG_0075-1.jpg

in the red box is there supposed to be a pin there? is so how do i fix it?

more pics of GPU herehttp://s1109.photobucket.com/albums/h437/trekky_king/4 sale/

That picture is incredibly blurry....

That said, sounds like a driver issue to me. Have you tried to reinstall drivers?

ya it was taken with a Ipod and my normal cam is not even any better its only 8 mp

well if i try drivers i need to know how to put thermal paste on the GPU

what do you use? is AS5 good?
EDIT: the chip that is in the pic is called Q517

k cool

does anyone have a 8800gtx that i can talk to about that chip?

Many modern MOSFETs and such use the tab on the back of the thing in place of that middle pin. I'll check my 8800gtx and see what it looks like when I get home tonight.

Ok here we go, donno what the part does but it is supposed to be two legged:
8800GTX part.jpg

The pictured card has had a bit of a hard life, as evidenced by the yellow capacitor up north, but it's fully functional.

Back