• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hard drive sync

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kristian221

Ok! I have been researching this a lot and now that my laptop is up and running I am messing around with it a bit. What I am seeing is that there IS software out there that can keep two remote hard drives in sync. So I could buy an external drive and have it synced with my desktop's internal drive, and then when something changes on one it changes on the other! I have tried a couple of these syncing programs and they are really close but just seem a bit sketchy in some aspects. Now what I am trying to do is basiclly be able to carry around all the data from my gaming hard drive in my desktop (2TB) with me on my laptop for when I travel. Does anyone have any experience with any of these programs or can recommend a good one? The feature I am really looking for is to have live updates much like crash plan does where it takes a long time on the first sync to transfer all the data, but afterwords just updates the files that change as you go. Crash plan updates every 15 seconds, and I was hoping to come close to that.

Back