• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding the DDR voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My seller had done the voltage mod for me on this A7M, I'm pumped at 3.12 VIO1 and about 3.75 VIO. That is whats needed to get Crucial to 166fsb+ stable.

Re: Re: Modding the DDR voltage

Doctor said:

Boy, you've got B@LL'S!

Please let us know even if you smell smoke:burn:

:)

Doc

My ex would not agree with you doc.:D

Got it done but is not enough, only gets me to 2.9. Oh well, tomorrow the video card gets it. Have to remount the heatsinks so I'm going to go ahead and vmod the ram on it.

Doc, I have (and have had) a problem with the board picking up the agp card. Have tried every thing I can think of. It is definately the card as with the pci card I could pull a 161 fsb stable, yet now I can only pull 151. Gave me fits when I first put it in as could not even pull 133. Had any problems along these lines? Latency on the card (gainward gf3 ti200 gs) is 248. I am going to play with this tomorrow. Vmodded it today and can get 260/590 with no artifacting. Don't know yet where the top is. Tried to run vramtest on it but it does not recognize the gpu. Will e-mail the editor tomorrow on that. Anyway, back on topic, Checked all voltages and the board is stable there. I don;t know, just don't know. Any ideas? Hate to think a gf2 mx200 could outdo it on the fsb.

Hi Silver,

I've had three of these Shuttles, and all of them with the Gainward GeForce III. No problems all the way up to 180mhz on the latest one.

Like you plan on doing, I would play with the latency, as well as the apature settings.

Also, have you tried a different PSU?

The other thing that I have found with these, is that the latest bios is not always the fastest. The latest few that have come out severly reduced my ability to OC.

You can go directly to the "beta bios" section of their FTP site here. They have some "performance" bios's, as well as all of the old ones, going back to March, 2001. I believe that I had good luck with the AK31S906-7 ones, although you may find another one that works better.

You can also find a nice selection of, non-beta ones here..

I believe that when Shuttle had to make these boards compatible with the XP's, they had to make some trade offs.

I hope this information helps you get to where you wanna be...

Good luck,

:)

Doc

Doc, might you (if you have a sec.) check in sisoft for the hz on the agp. At 158 I,m at 80hz and the agp is just giving it up. That would be a 1/2 divisor on the agp while the pci has a 1/4 and will hold up to 161. Please let me know and if it is lower then the bios you are using (e9?). Thank you. Am on the edge now using the latency change at 151. :(

I'm sorry Silver, but I'm currently travelling, and don't have the ability to check the "Big Rig" :(

However, the speeds you quote sound right on. From my recollection, my PCI was running at 42, at 166MHZ FSB.

Sorry.........

Doc

Well, maybe when you get back you can check the agp bus speed for me. I surely would appreciate it. 74hz is about the max the agp is going to take.

Back