• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

upgrade brain fart...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

filip04

Got myself a shiny new p67 evo and a 2600k but my dvd drives are ata. How the heck am I gonna install windows? LOL. I think this made my day...

Nothing more. Please discuss how I'm retarded...

HERE you go.
And yes, a 4G stick is all that's needed.

Have a nice day.

I have the standalone tool on my other computer, but can't distribute legally....so you get the store. Don't know if/what the charge is now.

Been there, done that... left the t-shirt on the counter when I left...

Maybe someone local can let you "borrow" a sata drive?

You don't need a tool. Its really just a couple of steps.

Just need to format the drive (NTFS) (Many sites say do this with diskpart, an unecessary step unless running it from recovery console)
Download the Windows 7 trial from Microsoft for the version you have. Extract it to say C:\DVD

copy contents of C:\DVD to usb stick
open cmd box and naviagate to C:\DVD\boot
then type
bootsect /NT60 X: with X: being the drive letter.

Bob's your uncle

insert in target machine select the USB drive to boot first (will be listed under Hard drive priority) and restart

Got myself a shiny new p67 evo and a 2600k but my dvd drives are ata. How the heck am I gonna install windows? LOL. I think this made my day...

There's a chance that it has a Marvell PATA controller and one PATA port.

I do on my Asus P5QL Pro and I don't like the Marvell 88SExxxxxx PATA controller, it makes my POST slow!

It has the Marvell 6GB sata controller that slows down my post by about a second.. Not that I boot often anyways... And definitely no pata ports on the board.. :p

Back