• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Yet another noob RAM problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainman33

I have been reading and reading and I understand oc'ing RAM doesn't yield much difference except if your benchmarking which I plan to in the near future, but I just can't figure it out. I have triple channel ocz reaper hpc 2gbx3=6gb 1066mhz ram and obviously it only shows 500 something mhz. I tried manually setting it to 1066 and set voltage to 1.647, manually entering timings, backed off timings,raised qpi voltage, even used the auto oc that my rampage lll gene provides even though it seems to dump too much voltage into the cpu, and I just can't get the full 1066 in cpuid. What the frig am I doing wrong? I am determined to figure this ish out! What noob setting am I missing or not doing right? Any help would be appreciated. :bang head

its because 1/2 of 1066MHz is 533MHz

DDR means dual data rate. So the ram runs at 533MHz but the effective speed is double - 1066.

its because 1/2 of 1066MHz is 533MHz

DDR means dual data rate. So the ram runs at 533MHz but the effective speed is double - 1066.

Ok I feel dumb now! ha ha! Do you know a link where it explains the basics of oc'ing ram? I really want to figure this out in the worst way, or maybe you have any suggestions? thanks man, it is much appreciated :thup:

Back