• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help for CPU-NB/ Memory Config....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Athugg

:eh?:Can anyone please help me with my Config settings for memory. I do not want to brick the mem controller inside cpu. I'm running these Gskill eco 1600mhz @ 8-8-8-24. When I installed them They were 1333 by default. I have my 970 Oc and ram. Ram is 1666 8-8-8-24 (trc33). I read anything over 1333 might risk of buring it up??? Also passed memtest too.

I read anything over 1333 might risk of buring it up??? = You mean 'burning' it up? Burn what up? The ram? The memory controller (IMC)? Burn nothing up if the ram is running at its' rated voltage and that rated voltage is like 1.5 volts which most of the newer ECO type ram is.

The ICM on that CPU is rated for 1333 but it might run at 1600 with a little extra CPUNB voltage (try 1.25) and a little extra ram voltage [1.55] is usually about right. Over-volting the CPUNB too aggressively is the main danger in frying it, not overclocking it frequency wise. Most of the Thubans would run the ram at 1600 because the ICM is a little stouter but many of the Phenom IIs would not.

Thanks so much!!:thup:

there will be very little diffrence in realworld usage between 1333 & 1666 perhaps lower latency on the 1666 and maybe 1 to 2 MB/s on write operation but nothing that you will notice playing games.

these tradeoffs are what you decide, extra voltage=heat and it will increase core temp without a massive peformance jump. run it at 1333 and enjoy a cooler cpu that is less likely to BSOD while your gaming.

hope this helps

Sal.

Back