• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H60 fan help plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kraver

Registered
I have a H60 on my cpu and wanted to know if the fan that came with the unit was any good/reliable ? Im lookin to change the fan possibly with some coolermaster R4 fans I have from my old rig and want to make a push-pull setup. also want to know if the coolmaster R4 fans are good for that kind of set up? I have a 4x fan controller scythe KM02, one to the H60 pump and one for a R4 fan that faces the backplate of my GPU chip. I have 2 spots for fans on the controller I wanted to use for rad cooling. Any suggestions:confused:

the R4 fans should be about the same as the fans that came with the h60. the stock fans are fine for 95% of users.

The stock corsair fan @ 74.4 CFM isn't shabby. If you want to swap it out for a pair of R4 fans @ 44.73 CFM that isn't an upgrade. If you're swapping out fans you'll want better CFM's. Something along the lines of 80+ CFM in push/pull will be your best bet. Having them on the fan controller you can adjust them to have the perfect balance between noise & airflow.

the specs I saw for the R4 fans said 90 CFM. but if they are actually only 44 CFM then stick with the stock fans.

I was looking at the 2k RPM r4s on the cooler master website.

but overall I would advise the OP to just stick with the stock fans.

Last edited:
Yeah, but the stock fan is 74CFM and the ones you posted are 69CFM. Might not see any improvements other than the bling factor. Maybe in push/pull tho you may see some, but nothing to write grandma about. Your best bet would be to try and find another stock fan to run in push/pull.

With the little bit of difference between those fans you will not see a temp difference. I would recommend using the stock fans until you decide you need or want better cooling fans that will make a cooling difference.

thanks for the advise.. i tried 2 stock fans and 2 of the CM fans i wanted to use and had no diference at all.
anyone know if thes H series coolers are a pain to mod?

not hard at all. but it has not been proven whether or not modding improves temps. just something to keep in mind.

I can say 100% that just adding a second 120 radiator helps a ton. It dropped about 10C off the load temps on my i7 920. The pump is really the weak link which I removed the internals of and installed and external pump kept my 4.4ghz @ 1.375 vcore folding under 70C year round.

I hope the H60 works out better for you than it did for me... :( Went through 2 of them trying to find one that didn't sound like a hard drive about to crash...:shrug: Sounded terrible, Cooled the CPU OK but the noise was awful... Ended up changing it for the Intel liquid cooler and could not be happier... :clap:
Good Luck... :salute:

Back