• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will these work together?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

proski

So, I'm making my own liquid cooling system soon, and want to know if these will work, and could you give me some tips on what to do later on after I installed it, and when installing it.
COMPUTER SPECS:
3960x CPU
QuadFire 7970
16gb RAM <--Not cooling
asus rampage iv extreme mobo

LIQUID COOLING PARTS:
Fittings: Bitspower -TRUE SILVER- G1/4
Fans: Antec TriCool 120MM Case Fan 3-SPEED
Radiator: XSPC RX360 Triple 120MM
Tubing: Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT UV Red
Pump: Koolance PMP-450S 12V HIGH-FLOW Water Cooling Pump
GPU Block: Koolance VID-AR797
CPU Block: Swiftech APOGEE HD Limited Edition
Coolant: Feser One Fluid UV Red
And I might get some Red Cathodes. :D

I'd recommend against the Feser fluid. Dyes are generally a bad idea as they can drop out of solution and gunk up your blocks. As you're already using UV red tubing, and one of the best tubing brands there is, you really don't need the red fluid. The best to use is distilled with some form of biocide (silver kill coil, PT Nuke, etc).

Other than that, it looks great. Though I'd look at getting different fans. You can probably find others that move the same amount of air at less noise. Scythe Gentle Typhoons are regarded as the best out there, but Yate Loons are considered the best bang for your buck. I believe Yate Loons come in red if you're going for a strong red theme:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=26717

Edit: You didn't quite state whether you're getting compression fittings or barbs, the size of the fittings, or what size of tubing you're getting. Have you taken a look at the sticky at the top of this forum? It gives great information on beginning to understand the art of water cooling.

I'd recommend against the Feser fluid. Dyes are generally a bad idea as they can drop out of solution and gunk up your blocks. As you're already using UV red tubing, and one of the best tubing brands there is, you really don't need the red fluid. The best to use is distilled with some form of biocide (silver kill coil, PT Nuke, etc).

Other than that, it looks great. Though I'd look at getting different fans. You can probably find others that move the same amount of air at less noise. Scythe Gentle Typhoons are regarded as the best out there, but Yate Loons are considered the best bang for your buck. I believe Yate Loons come in red if you're going for a strong red theme:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=26717

Edit: You didn't quite state whether you're getting compression fittings or barbs, the size of the fittings, or what size of tubing you're getting. Have you taken a look at the sticky at the top of this forum? It gives great information on beginning to understand the art of water cooling.
Ok yeah, sorry. On NCIX they don't have PT Nuke, but does koolance, or primochill make good coolants?
Also, I'm getting compression fittings, I believe 3/8IN ID 5/8IN
the tubing: 3/8IN ID 5/8IN

Sounds good for the compression fittings and tubing.

Are you dead set on ordering from NCIX? You might have to go through other sites for biocide. Dazmode is a great site if you're in Canada and they have pure silver that you can purchase and place in your system.

I can't recall exactly where I ordered mine, but it's either one of three places: FrozenCPU, Performance-PCs, or Sidewinder Computers. (I sourced my build out from different online retailers, so I can't quite keep everything straight in terms of where I purchased from.)

Wait, do you mean you're cooling 4 7970's in QuadFire and a 3960X?

If that's the case then one RX360 radiator won't be near enough. According to Skinnee's RX360 Rev 2 review one can cool about 600 watts at 1800 RPM fan speed for an average performing system at 10C dT. I'm guessing you'd probably need at least 2 for that set up.

Wait, do you mean you're cooling 4 7970's in QuadFire and a 3960X?

If that's the case then one RX360 radiator won't be near enough. According to Skinnee's RX360 Rev 2 review one can cool about 600 watts at 1800 RPM fan speed for an average performing system at 10C dT. I'm guessing you'd probably need at least 2 for that set up.
Can't believe I missed that... oops... Yeah, 4 7970s and a 3960X are going to require a lot more radiator surface area to cool... :facepalm:

Three would most definitely be better.

and four would be even better than that :sn: But really, round about 3 is a solid place...if you're eyeballing it. There's really no substitute for good ole fashion math when it comes to figuring out rad area.

Feser. As most fun clown liquids cause jokes and standard hilarity.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?258898-What-lies-beneath!!&p=4544766#post4544766
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6665651#post6665651

Secondly, you need to REALLY rethink this. Youe making a MASSIVE powerful systems that will create TONS of heat. You need to start looking at cases like a CASELABS case. One for your setup is ohh $300+ easy. Your room will be 5-10F hottter if not more than other rooms in the house.

Please, you need to start at the stickies up top, learn about many things. Right now, look at dissipating 800++ watts under load and what kind of radiator acearage you need. Or maybe a better way to say is real estate, LARGE cooling areas. Well, close to $200 in just the fans for the radiators...............

Back