• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Resevoir question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperTuner12010

Alright guys well been looking over my case and the hose routing Ill be using. Give the position of my rads, for the shortest runs Id like to use the input into the res on the top.

The resevoir im looking to use is the bitspower 150/250 res.
yhst-128354961512837_2195_5856338

It says the bottom has the 3 ports and the top one port. If I mounted it upside down, used the single port as the outlet to the pump. Then used one of the top ports as the in from the rad, and then another as a fill I plan for.

Will this cause any problems with air? Or should I be good?

Thank you :attn:

Last edited:
I can't think of a reason it would cause any issues, but I've never been hands on with that product. I suggest that you go ahead and try it...can't really hurt anything, it'll just cost you time if it doesn't work.

I was thinking of the exact same setup (same res even) you are talking about but I came up with 2 problems.

Unless the reservoir is completely full, anytime you turn off your computer air will travel up the hose into your radiator. It should bleed quickly once the pump is on again but who knows?

Second - again if the reservoir isn't full you'll have a stream of water hitting the water in the reservoir causing bubbles that could get sucked in by the pump.

We can avoid both problems with a full reservoir but I know in my current system the water level does go down very slowly. As in a few months the reservoir level would go down 1/2". I'm not sure where the water is going but it goes somewhere... osmosis? air bleeding out of the system somewhere?

Am I off on my thoughts?

I was thinking of the exact same setup (same res even) you are talking about but I came up with 2 problems.

Unless the reservoir is completely full, anytime you turn off your computer air will travel up the hose into your radiator. It should bleed quickly once the pump is on again but who knows?

Second - again if the reservoir isn't full you'll have a stream of water hitting the water in the reservoir causing bubbles that could get sucked in by the pump.

We can avoid both problems with a full reservoir but I know in my current system the water level does go down very slowly. As in a few months the reservoir level would go down 1/2". I'm not sure where the water is going but it goes somewhere... osmosis? air bleeding out of the system somewhere?

Am I off on my thoughts?

I was worried about the same thing, as far as water entering the res. I guess I need to figure out a different way to run my hoses, I guess Ill have to have a hose going from the top of the case to the bottom regardless.

***Was looking at my case now, and got an idea. Using that metal tube on the inlet at the top, put a hose over the metal tube and have the hose sit an inch or 2 from the bottom of the res. Correct me if im wrong but that would elliminate both problems right there... :bday:

I was worried about the same thing, as far as water entering the res. I guess I need to figure out a different way to run my hoses, I guess Ill have to have a hose going from the top of the case to the bottom regardless.

***Was looking at my case now, and got an idea. Using that metal tube on the inlet at the top, put a hose over the metal tube and have the hose sit an inch or 2 from the bottom of the res. Correct me if im wrong but that would elliminate both problems right there... :bday:

As long as we can relocate the tube we should be good. I expect to receive mine on Tuesday and I can let you know.

Be careful with putting metal in your res. If it's aluminum you'll definitely be in for some trouble.

Be careful with putting metal in your res. If it's aluminum you'll definitely be in for some trouble.

Very true indeed, but Id have to believe it isnt aluminum...

And it seems as others have had problems witht he stock configuration, with the tube on the bottom, I guess it makes it very hard to bleed. But with the tube at the top with the house going down, I Really dont see any reason it would cause a problems with bleeding. It may acctualy make it easyer. Or the way im thinking is leeding me to believe so.

I have the 250ml, I have it mounted sideways on my thermal take saprano rs. work fine! as long as it's filled decently high and you should be fine. Not one bubble has gone back in my system to be honest, and I can't complain. would recomend to do if you wanted just have the tube port input and on top while the botting regular hole outlet. works fine and creates circulation.

As long as we can relocate the tube we should be good. I expect to receive mine on Tuesday and I can let you know.

Got it today. It's not going to be a problem for us to run it upside down. The tube it comes with is about 2" long. As long as you aren't at least 2" low on water no air can go up the tube and the incoming water will not be splashing.
The tube is also tapered so it'll be very easy to put an extension hose on it.

The only problem I see is that the tube might be aluminum although I don't know that for sure.

Attachments

• res.jpg
    res.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 56
^^Do you have a magnet you could test with? Could be stainless...

Sounds good though, my only other thought about using a hose, do they coat the outside with anything that might cause problems?

I cant wait to get mine...

^^Do you have a magnet you could test with? Could be stainless...

Sounds good though, my only other thought about using a hose, do they coat the outside with anything that might cause problems?

I cant wait to get mine...

Strange.. I just checked with a neodymium magnet which GRABS ferrous stuff really hard. It barely stuck to it. It did stick though...

I think a snug hose will stay on with no problem

Back