• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any decent PC games out there?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mathersalan

What are everyones suggestions? I slipped off the PC gaming boat back in 06 to persue other things in life. BF2, Oblivion, and COD:MW 1 were my all time favorites..

I've been reading that the new COD series are filled with bloatware upon installing, or could have been BF3?

BF3 doesn't make you install bloat ware but they (EA) have their own download system called origin

Skyrim would be enjoyable for you.if you life rts games starcraft2 is still very popular

Oblivion was just eye candy to me and also a very interesting non-online MMO. I'm more of a FPS fanboy -

How is MW2/MW3?

All great suggestions here..

BF3, IMO, is awesome. BF2 was fantastic, but I think they did a good job with modernizing BF3. Of course not everybody loves the game, and there are a bunch of things that bug me here and there, but in the end, I have a lot of fun playing BF3.

Oblivion was just eye candy to me and also a very interesting non-online MMO. I'm more of a FPS fanboy -

How is MW2/MW3?

I think you mean non-online RPG. Other wise you just said non-online Massively Multiplayer Online

:D

MW2/MW3 are ... eh. Same :censored: different day for $60 more dollars in my opinion.

If you like Oblivion then Skyrim is a must have. The Witcher 2 is also pretty darn good and same genre.

Be sure to download hi-res texture packs for both =)

FPS games:

Deus Ex revolution is great. Also I absolutely loved Borderlands - you can probably get it dirt cheap now too. Fallout 3 is very good.

Duke Nukem Forever - terrible - maybe 3 of 10 stars. I paid $5 for it and it wasn't worth it.

Last edited:
Star Wars: The Old Republic is simply an awesome game. You can play it like an MMO, or you can play it like Oblivion.

Dragon Age Origins and Awakening are amazing. If you do decide to pick up BF3 (which I want you to do) you will be in for some culture shock of teamwork, a generally happier and more friendly population of players, and a game that requires you to think of cool and interesting ways to kill the other team (only in Battlefield).

Torchlight is a great hack and slash Diablo "clone". Bastion is a great rogue like with a dynamic narrator. Mass Effect 1 and 2 are like your favorite movies but better and Starcraft 2 is there in case you want an RTS.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is simply an awesome game. You can play it like an MMO, or you can play it like Oblivion.

I jsut reinstalled TSL with high res packs, Stoneys unlock content pack, USM and other things.

So... SORTA new? lol

For FPS it pretty much starts and ends with Call of Duty for Me. Liked all of them. They are the same thing generally speaking. Better Graphics and cooler weapons new maps seems to be the reason to keep getting new ones.

They could make MW3 parts 1-3 each just having new maps and stories, with a different set of weapons and it would be cool IMHO

Despite that Crysis-2 was not bad little more Modern Warfare than 1 little less of the ridiculous alien crap. Its a shooter, pretty hard to screw it up.

Crysis to me was 90% Modern Warfare followed by 2-3 levels of Doom.

I have not played either in a while though, as long as running and jumping expend energy and make your gun waver around, then I am cool with it for online, generally they have not done so in game so I just do single player. Got tired of trying to hunt jackrabbits with perfect aim mid air.

Last edited:
BF3 is real fun, I would go for that. The vehicles and huge maps bring a great dynamic to the game imo. Of course you could also wait for Diablo3 but that may take a while. :D

Yeah all the Bioware RPGs released the last few years are EPIC.

I gotta get me some BF3 but I just have no time at all for gaming anymore let alone spending all the time learning how to MP a game without having my teammates want to kill me :)

Mentioned this on another thread yesterday:

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAa!!! for the Awesome

I bought this game on Steam just because of the awesome name. It's actually pretty challenging. Maybe not the genre you like, but again ... awesome name.

Back