• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4890 to 6850.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Whitefang

So I'm considering upgrading my graphics card along with my processor; it runs everything I want it to run (although it doesn't run some things perfectly). I definitely don't need the upgrade by any means - it's only about 50% faster, according to Passmark.

So, my first question - does anyone have any other benchmarks that are relevant (ie that show both cards)? And second, do you guys think the speed upgrade is worth the $170 (would be purchasing it in CAD)?

So yeah, seems like a 50-75% speed boost. Now to spend 3 weeks thinking about this, lol.

Well, on a 1080p, you should get a 25/30% I guess.
Up to you to see if it's worth it.

I made that exact same upgrade. I was very happy with the performance boost. However, I was starting a new rig and giving my old one to my wife. If you don't need to upgrade you could just save the money for now and see what you can come up with for the same amount once it comes time to needing a boost in performance.

Back