• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are these temps right??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

ok my friends amd 1.333tbird wit a volcano 5 , fairly cold room(like 16-18C), after 2 hours idle and case cover on, with front intake no exhaust. his bios reported a core temperature of 30. is that realistic? before wit his old mobo his bios reported 37 idle. but that time the heatsink had some wierd black stuff on it(dunno if it was black then, but today i lapped it and i scraped the stuff off, seemed a bit rubbery). regular silicone heatpaste is used. what do you guys think?

i think that is a decent temp, maybe a bit high like 1-2c high for that setup, try using some as2 or 3 with a ood lapping and shave 3-4 c off. Hope that works

yeah hell thats DAMN low! shoot for those temps i would aircool. highly unrealistic. maybe you should make sure the thermistor on the motherboard is touching the back of the CPU. putting thermal grease on the thermistor will also yield you more accurate temps.

Back