• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

computer splitter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thematrixiam

Hey guys. Not too sure what the thing is I am looking for.

Want to share: 1. wireless keyboard and mouse; and 2. DVI monitor.
On: two separate computers.

I have looked at a few KVM splitters, but all the ones I see are for switching between keyboards, not computers.

I'm in Canada too, if that helps.

Thanks,

T.M.I.A.

Last edited:
Thats a kvm solution which shares kb/mice like he tried, no?

Ebay links not allowed on classies. ;)

I think you are reading the KVM information wrong. I have used KVMs for a long time and they do exactly what you want.

Here's what a KVM switch does, and you just have to hit the switch or enter a keyboard shortcut to change between PCs

Code:
                                             PC 1
                                           /
Monitor/Mouse/Keyboard ---> KVM Switch ===o
                                           \
                                             PC 2

this might be an option for you. i just purchased one, will be hooking it up in the next day or so.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avocent-2-P...204?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebb81c384

not a bad price, dunno what duties/taxes you'd have to pay - might ask the seller, they're pretty helpful. their ebay store does mention international sales (they're in arizona, u.s.). look around google, these things are selling most places for $130-150 usd. $20usd isn't bad. also it's not required, but most of the common kvm switches out there rely solely on usb power, this one has an option to use the included wall plug to host it's own power. i don't use a wireless setup, but you might need the extra power (usb power alone may or may not be enough, not sure). good luck.

not sure how to edit posts. i apologize if they aren't allowed, i thought someone said they just weren't allowed in the classifieds. wouldn't normally recommend an auction type listing (even though it's set price) other than it's a company not just an individual and i've personally purchased the same item through them. sorry for ebay links and if someone can tell me how to edit/remove it, thanks.

Back