• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth 990FX SLI issue....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
Ok so here I am again with yet another SLI issue....

So I just upgraded to the sabertooth and for some reason I expected to be able to drop on and boot into windows with all my GPU settings in tact.. Well after reinstalling the drivers I found it did not offer the SLI option. Reinstalling the drivers a 2nd time would allow the selection of SLI but once I try to enable it the drivers crash and I have to reboot/remove/reinstall just to get the non SLI drivers reinstalled. With my UD3 I had found it took a bios flash and a windows refresh to get SLI working properly, so I flashed the latest bios and reluctantly just reinstalled windows. To my surprise the exact same issue is still plaguing my system.

First question what should I try next?

Second question is SLI normally this finicky? because this is becoming enough of an issue to make me want to switch camps.

I had a similar issue with the same board (two 560's in SLi) minus the crashing. I installed windows, installed all the appropriate drivers and tried to enable SLi. For me the option wasn't even there. I tried reinstalling the video drivers and even windows to no avail. I ended up returning the board and getting a replacement Sabertooth 990FX and all is well in the SLi department.

Have you tried a BIOS flash? My board has revision 0901 and so far absolutely no issues.

Ya I tried flashing it already. Ive just decided to pick up a Gigabyte 990FX since I have water blocks for it anyways.

Back