• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II 1050T O'Clocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c0nfused2

Registered
I am in the process of overclocking my AMD Phenom 1055T. I read the 3 Step Guide by DolkIn, and I pushed my FSB to 255 with Multiplier at 11 before I got an error, which 255 would be my max for FSB, Correct?

After that Do I set the multiplier back to 14 and the FSB back to 200 and just increase the FSB from 200 to 210 than from 210 to 215 with the multiplier staying at 14, correct?

Right now I am at 3.3ghz

Is this the right way to be overclocking? Or should I increase the multiplier as well from 14x to 14.5x to 15x when increasing the FSB?

I do know that when the system start to fail to boot than bump up the CPU voltage, but I am not there yet.

And with the system I have what would you think I could get the CPU at?

Thanks a lot.

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 125W 6 core processor

Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H Mother-Board

8GB XMS3 Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3 Memory

Cooler Master Hyper N520

In thread title you say >> AMD Phenom II 1050T O'Clocking

In signature you say >> AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 125W 6 core processor

So what you got?

I am in the process of overclocking my AMD Phenom 1055T. I read the 3 Step Guide by DolkIn, and I pushed my FSB to 255 with Multiplier at 11 before I got an error, which 255 would be my max for FSB, Correct?

After that Do I set the multiplier back to 14 and the FSB back to 200 and just increase the FSB from 200 to 210 than from 210 to 215 with the multiplier staying at 14, correct?

Right now I am at 3.3ghz

Is this the right way to be overclocking? Or should I increase the multiplier as well from 14x to 14.5x to 15x when increasing the FSB?

I do know that when the system start to fail to boot than bump up the CPU voltage, but I am not there yet.

And with the system I have what would you think I could get the CPU at?

Thanks a lot.

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 125W 6 core processor

Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H Mother-Board

8GB XMS3 Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3 Memory

Cooler Master Hyper N520

With a stock cooler, not much higher than stock unfortunately ( a couple of hundreds MHz?).

So it sounds like you've determined that the max FSB your board will do is 255 mhz.

Set your ram speed to 1333 mhz to give some overclock headroom to the ram because it will get faster as you overclock the fsb. The two are tied together. Give your ram a bump in voltage to 1.55. Increase your CPUNB voltage to 1.25.

So now put the multiplier back to 14x and start overclocking the FSB in 5 mhz increments on the stock CPU voltage until you cannot pass a 20 minute Prime95 blend test. Then add a touch of CPU core voltage to stabilize things again so as to pass the 20 minute stress test. Monitor CPU temps (which really measured from the motherboard socket area) and "core" temps with HWMonitor with every test. If at anytime your core voltage exceeds 55 C you are hitting the stability wall for AMD CPUs. If at anytime you begin to execeed 65 C. socket temp, discontinue the test.

Report back to us after trying this and give us some pics of HWMonitor after your last stress test as well as pics of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". Prime95, HWMonitor and CPU-z are free programs and standard overclocking tools around here.

You have a "star" now under your name so you can use the "Sig" tool to have your system information travel with your posts. That's a real help to us so that we don't have to keep referring back to your original post to refresh our memories about your components, especially as the thread gets longer. Include info about your CPU, CPU cooler, Motherboard, PSU, Case, Memory, Video Card, and OS.

Attachments

• Sig.PNG
    Sig.PNG
    136.3 KB · Views: 2,441
Trents, my DDR3 Volt only goes by increments of .05, .1, .15. .2 etc.

and my CPUNB only goes up by .1, .2, .3

And CPU Volt by .025, .05, .07, .1

where should I start off with on adjusting the voltage for these three of course leaving CPU Voltage for last like you stated.

Back