• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED sata controller wont support 1tb hard drive...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
what should i do, it supports only up to 750gb accoring to the website, i bought the hdd after i bought the controller the pci controller is Adaptec ASH-1205SA reason is im using pci because in using an old dell dimension 3000 which has no sata, as my storage, i currently have a 400 seagate on it.

is there any way around this or am i pretymuch screwed?

yea i got the 1tb for 40 bucks was hoping it would work on the controller but i believe its a seagate sata III guess il have to find a different controller :( lol (or i found an excuse to upgrade my ts server / nas thing)

have you tried the disk on the controller to see if it works? The 750GB drive limit may only be because that was the biggest drive on the market at the time the support doc was written. Good example of this is i have a raid card that says it only supports 500GB drives yet i have 1.5TB drives running on it just fine

never mind, i just put the hdd in my main rig and it will detect it for a minute or two and then it will read one partition not the other and then it will stop working completely, oh well. might as well just buy another hard drive later on i got it for 40 bucks on ebay the seller said he had issues with boot files messing up on it. but it wont even work. makes a fancy paperweight i suppose lol

Back