• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is one awsome board. Looking up the specs for the PCIE slots speeds I found this:

Of course, not all these slots run at x16, but thanks to ASRock opting to use the NF200 chip, we get x16 / x16 when using slot 1 and 3 or x16 / x8 / x8 in 3-Way when using slots 1, 3 and 5.

So if you use slots 1 & 3 your cards will run at full x16 speed.

So both my GTX 570's will run at 100%?

Last edited:
So both my GTX 570's will run at 100%?

In PCIE slots 1 & 3 your video cards will run the full x16 bandwidth, so that would be a yes. As for running @ 100%, I would doubt your cards while even in gaming will run @ 100%. Unless you run a computed program like Folding @ Home your video cards will not run full bore 100% speeds, but as for the PCIE bus bandwidth, yes they will both run @ the rated x16 in the slots rated for x16 which are 1 & 3.

Hope this clears up any confusion ;)

Yeah it does a lot. And thinking a little further do they have motherboards with 3 16x slots? Or four 16x slots?!

Well I know the x58 (s1366) ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution has 3 @ x16. The new MSI Big Bang-XPower II X79(sLGA 2011) which 7 are PCI-E 3.0 x16. Unsure of other boards.

Back