• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thevint

Registered
Hello i have recently bought a msi radeon hd 6770 Graphics card and I want to overclock it, It runs at Core clock: 800MHz And memory clock: 1100MHz :)
What would you reccomend as a overclock for this?
Thanks

Owen

Id get MSI Afterburner, and use that application to overclock. What you can reach, no idea...every card is different.

Overclock one thing at a time...once you find the maximum for core, lower it back, then push on the memory.

Have something like Furmark running in the backround when increasing clocks, if you see artifacts or it freezes, you know you went too far.

Thanks for the help Does anyone have experience with the model of my graphics card?

I know someone who has one, let me see if he will swing on by...

What is the question you have for a user of this card?

Has he overclocked it if so What did he manage to reach On the core and memory and did he have to up the voltage?
Thanks

You will have to up the voltage at some point, sure. That is your choice. You should be able to get SOME kind of overclock without touching the voltage. But like I said every card is different. If you would like to compare, you can check results out at Futuremark in the ORB or go to Hwbot.org and look there.

A review of this card may be up at some point with his results.

EDIT: I went to hwbot and found that, on air, the average overclock on air was 922/1270.
http://hwbot.org/hardware/videocard/radeon_hd_6770/

Last edited:
Thanks for the information how much will I need to up the voltage by?
And I've already managedto get 900/1300 with default voltage :)

Again, it will vary... leave it stock until it freezes or artifacts. When it does, bump the voltage up a bit. Thats pretty much the name of the overclocking game. :)

Back