• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED OEM Reinstallation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orangehaze68

Registered
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to reinstall my Windows 7 Home Premium, but am experiencing issues with my recovery partition. My Pc is a Lenovo H420. I have contacted Lenovo Support, they didn't really help much, they told me to go onto there recovery website and purchase the disc. I recently upgraded my motherboard to the ASUS P8Z68-V LX and think that's disabled my partition, as all i can do it create a boot disc with current system! I need factory settings and will not give me the option for anything else. Does anybody know how to create an image of my partition which I cant access, but downloaded Partition Master (in hope) and can see the partition and says it has 10GB of Data.
If anyone has any ideas please help? as I really don't want to buy windows 7 or the recovery discs if i can help it.
Thanks for taking the time to read this!!!
Orangehaze68

Maybe put old motherboard back in and create a repair disc and system image( 3- 4.7gb discs if you say you see 10gb's), which you'll find in control panel -Backup and Restore.
Then when you install new mobo, insert repair disk and go from there...hope this helps.
Good Luck!!

Back