• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody owns a evga 560 ti 01G-P3-1561-AR?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol, well i was asking cuz not sure if that's what i want, if that's worth the 250$ in performance and how is it on cooling terms with other cards of the same type/higher model

Its one of the best cards in that price range. As far as the cooling, its not loud unless you ramp it up, then it has a higher pitched whine.

taking a look at reviews online there is about a 15% difference or so, depending on the game/resultion/settings.

My advice is to get the best you can afford. Nothing under 1.5GB memory if you play bf3 at 1920x1080.

I have Evga 560 ti. However, it is NOT the 448 version, just standard.

I am very happy with performance, plays EVERYTHING on 1920 x 1200 on ultra*. Just Cause 2, Skyrim, Red Faction: Guerrilla, X3:TC[late game], Civ5, SC2 [sometimes lags in some custom games when billion units spawn. But by this point everyone else has 1-2 fps lol]

*except for crysis 2 with high resolution pack + DX11. I turned off DX11 since it barely adds anything and went back to 60 fps.

taking a look at reviews online there is about a 15% difference or so, depending on the game/resultion/settings.

My advice is to get the best you can afford. Nothing under 1.5GB memory if you play bf3 at 1920x1080.

i have no problems buying a 580 but the thing is most of my rig is outdate ( 2008 build) so even if i went with the best out there, it won't make much of a difference with my current hardware bottle necking it

need some help with the sizes and if my motherboard will have a problem with the new card, since the cmos battery is really close to the second slot the card would use, along with something else that looks like a mini heatsink

No card will have trouble with the CMOS battery. Look at your motherbaord a bit more critically.

Look at your board. You should clearly be able to see that both the heatsink and the cmos battery height are at/below the height of the PCIe slot. :thup:

i didn't meant the main heatsink, i meant the golden thingy that looks like a mini heatsink near the pci-e slot, and since a 560/570 would be double slot i'm thinking it might touch it/push it

Oresama I have both a 560ti and a 570. The 570 is the EVGA model you linked, the 560ti is an MSI Hawk which is clocked stock at 950. Performance difference between the two across several games is nearly imperceptible. Since the Hawk has a stock OC, the 570 does have more OCing headroom and does pull ahead a bit when OCd, but IMO not enough to justify the price difference. If you're going to go $325+ might as well go big and get a 7950 for $450 which will mushroom cloud either one.

IMHO for the price of the 560ti you linked, I'd go for this (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127578) instead for three bucks more. It has 8 power supply phases vice 4 on the EVGA and comes stock clocked at 950. As stated above it's more or less a 570 out of the box, just with less OCing headroom due to the stock OC, .2 GB less VRAM, and 100 less dollars.

Back