• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guild Wars 2 Beta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SteveLord

Anyone get an invite for this? This game has been in the works for a while. The original was good and has grown a lot.

Gamers interested in trying out ArenaNet's massively multiplayer online role-playing game Guild Wars 2 can apply to join the March-dated beta today, the developer has announced.
Gamers can sign up for the beta now and cross their fingers about getting in.

Gamers can sign up for the beta now and cross their fingers about getting in.

Eager gamers will need to act rather quickly if they wish to have a chance for a spot in the trial, as the beta sign-up page will close this Friday, February 24 at 1 p.m. EDT.

Players will need to submit their PC hardware specifications to ArenaNet when applying for a spot in the beta, and must sign a nondisclosure agreement (NDA) if granted access to the trial. ArenaNet will notify applicants via email if they have been chosen to participate in the beta.

The sign-up page is currently experiencing technical trouble, but the developer said it is aware of the issues, and is working to resolve them.

The Guild Wars 2 beta will begin in March, with the full game expected to release during 2012. The team at ArenaNet has a small group working on a console version of the game, but no announcements have been made concerning Guild Wars 2 arriving outside of the PC.

Guild Wars 2 puts players into a persistent fantasy word that is driven by a range of dynamic events. When Guild Wars 2 launches later this year it will cost a fee up front but will not require a monthly paid subscription to continue playing.

signed up. who knows if I will have the time to play, but /shrug I played the first one a good amount.

Hope this one is a hit, because the original brought me into the world of MMOs, LOVED GW1 along with Factions and Nightfall. I eventually left to play WoW but it was still a great game. IMO PVP was the best in any MMO that I have played.

Went ahead and signed up for the beta, loved the original GW, though PvP kinda got ruined towards the end. Unfortunately, with ME3 around the corner, even if I got in it would probably not get a lot of play time.

I'll be signing up when I get home from work tonight. Sucks I can't input my PC stats and instead need to run some diagnostic utility. I hope I get an invite. I loved guild wars and plan on buying gw2 when its finally released. I just hope that pvp is similar to how it was in gw1 and that for the pve they make it so you need to group up with real people, guild wars turned into a single player game after a few xpacks.

I noticed it also only reads your C:\ hard drive space. So mine was only 100 and change total being an SSD partition, with maybe 1/3 of that free. ;)

Back