• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All aboard the nVidia train "choo choo"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol let me know how it goes, debating if i want to switch to nvidia or stay with ati, hard one cuz of the constant crashes of the nvidia drivers

I can say the same about ati drivers.

I have gone ATI for a few years.

5970,6970 and then 6950

constant driver ati bluescreens.

lol let me know how it goes, debating if i want to switch to nvidia or stay with ati, hard one cuz of the constant crashes of the nvidia drivers

Fyi DJ Spiel, you need to check the card the very first day it arrives, then after some test, register within the first week, cuz if you don't register within 30 days of owning it, you'll only get 1 year warranty.

Just letting ya know in case you're too lazy/don't wanna read the warranty disclosure

hard one cuz of the constant crashes of the nvidia drivers

Might want to check your system stability, because I dont think shes where you want her to be.. Ive been useing nv cards for years, unstable drivers are attributed to unstable oc.. unlike ati, who just makes a plain bad driver lol

And a big congrats on your newborn DJ :cool:

Might want to check your system stability, because I dont think shes where you want her to be.. Ive been useing nv cards for years, unstable drivers are attributed to unstable oc.. unlike ati, who just makes a plain bad driver lol

And a big congrats on your newborn DJ :cool:

lol tell me how can you oc a geforce pci-e 6200 series?

No my PSU/s are just fine. This is an old tale...people think you need a 1000watt PSU.

I've seen the charts for what draws power and where it peaks at. Honestly people dont need anything more than a 600-700watt and even than thats overkill.

Now when go go SLI/tri sli and you're overclocking well you might need some room.

BSOD might be a sign of an inadequate PSU.

Congrats!

The 580 is sexy.

I went from a single 6950 2gb --> dual 6950s ----> 570 2.5 GB ----> 580 3gb.

The 580 is seriously a beast. I wanted a good card for BF3 and it did the job.
Plays Just Cause 2, Mafia 2, Assassins Creed....all games maxed out. (except BF3 toned down Shadows and Mesh to Medium)

I love Nvidia Drivers and I totally love the 580.

Cant wait for a second one. Saving now. Prices are dropping as well. The stock 1.5 GB version have good rebates on them now.

No my PSU/s are just fine. This is an old tale...people think you need a 1000watt PSU.

I've seen the charts for what draws power and where it peaks at. Honestly people dont need anything more than a 600-700watt and even than thats overkill.

Now when go go SLI/tri sli and you're overclocking well you might need some room.

Oh i know what power requirements are needed. You have more power than you need, that wasnt my take. If one of your psu's is defective or not puttin out the advertised power, or very loose voltage regulation/ripple/noise then you have a problem.. It just came as a hint once you said it happened with multiple AMD cards. Since i have not seen reviews of those specific psu's then i cannot conclude that they are solid performers.

Yeah, I think I am going to use this until GTX 680 comes out then sell my 580.

Congrats!

The 580 is sexy.

I went from a single 6950 2gb --> dual 6950s ----> 570 2.5 GB ----> 580 3gb.

The 580 is seriously a beast. I wanted a good card for BF3 and it did the job.
Plays Just Cause 2, Mafia 2, Assassins Creed....all games maxed out. (except BF3 toned down Shadows and Mesh to Medium)

I love Nvidia Drivers and I totally love the 580.

Cant wait for a second one. Saving now. Prices are dropping as well. The stock 1.5 GB version have good rebates on them now.

Yeah, I think I am going to use this until GTX 680 comes out then sell my 580.

I was thinking somewhat the same. If 580 3gb prices are cheaper than the 680 when it does come out. I will try to SLI my 580 and if not satisfied will sell of mine also and get a 680. I could only imagine :shock:

My GTX 570's used to crash when playing Crysis 2 @ 5760x1080, but once I downloaded a bios update which bumped the voltage on the cards ever so slightly they have been rock solid. I've never had an issue with nVidia's drivers themselves.

Back