• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Newb qn!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dlthe

hi everyone,

I've recently bought a new PC - long time user, first time builder.
details of my purchase are unimportant but the motherboard is the Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard.

The reason I'm asking is that a friend recommended the ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 as meeting all my needs but I wanted a Gigabyte mobo because I had heard they are the most reliable. So I picked one that I thought had all the same functionality.

However I have since found out that this Gigabyte card can't use onboard graphics. Does anyone think this is this going to be a problem? I do have a GPU.

Basically... what I want to know is: should I return it before I open it?
if yes, what should I get instead? needs to be able to fit a i5 2500k and plan to xfire at some point in the future.

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Most newer motherboards began not adding onboard VGa, all because they know that most will be adding there own personal video card. If you have your OWN GPU\video card it should not be a problem and gigabye is very nice stuff.. i still have 650 SLI board up and running :)

I have this same board and the integrated gpu works fine. What are your issues with it?

+1. That board will use the iGPU on sandy bridge. Only reason you'd probably need to would be if the GPU you have died. Good to have an alternative if that does happen though.

Back