• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ivy Bridge looks to dominate the benching wars :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MIAHALLEN

7GHz on Dry Ice :clap: I hope its real (it is coming from a fairly reliable source) :)

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/new...e-i7-3770k-is-capable-of-10025-overclock.aspx

7GHz_Edited_Logo.jpg

:attn:

I am pretty excited about this. I am going to try and get one as soon as they come out, instead of being a late to the party, like usual.

Any update on the release date?

Last I heard we're not going to see them until May or June :(

Holy frijoles! That is amazing. I will be saving my lunch minutes for one of those.I hope that it would work in my MIVE!

Jeez.... at $350 or so, I am going to be on that thing like a chicken on a June bug!

They will have support for both 1155 and 2011 iirc. I assume they will split them up similar to SB and SB-e

It'll be up to the mobo manufacturers to release a compatible BIOS....but yes, they should work in existing sockets ;)

probably gonna have to buy the new boards for that look at the multi which is 63x I am not sure if the current p67 or p68z boards would still allow those numbers. I know part of the limitation for multipliers is directly releated to the chip, but theres some level of hardware compliance required aswell.

ASRock P67 boards had max x60 and I think the same for most other brands ( I didn't check on Z68 ). Hard to say if new bios will add higher multis. I'm just preparing for new cpu+mobo.

probably gonna have to buy the new boards for that look at the multi which is 63x I am not sure if the current p67 or p68z boards would still allow those numbers. I know part of the limitation for multipliers is directly releated to the chip, but theres some level of hardware compliance required aswell.

ASRock P67 boards had max x60 and I think the same for most other brands ( I didn't check on Z68 ). Hard to say if new bios will add higher multis. I'm just preparing for new cpu+mobo.

Last i knew the max was 59x atleast for the MIVE's

I might be a bit naive, but it seems as simple as a bios update to me...

Back