• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

apogee HD vs xt rev2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PeterGarcia30

hey guys! looking for some input on here as I don't find much info on the Apogee HD... cost wise I can get an xt rev 2 shipped for 54$ and an HD for 65$

I'm trying to decide whether the HD is worth it...the difference in cost isn't that big of a concern for me as it's not a huge difference but might there be any drawbacks or benefits to going with one rather than the other?

as far as my loop is its a Swiftech 320QP,mcp350 cooling the rig in my sig..
a waterblock will be purchased at a later time for the 7970

any and all input is appreciated

Last edited:
For the difference in price, the XT is better. But $20 is a small part of a watercooling setup. I'd get the HD.

Skinneelabs.com has some tests on the HD, or Martin's has some tests. Not reviews, scientific tests.

yeah I was really debating for a while because i stripped the top part of the copper base on my gtz but i went to the depot and picked up some slightly longer screws and fixed that right up going to leak test it to make sure everything is cool but still a bit weary about using that block on the main rig

I may just designate it to another unit.....

I cant find those tests on skinee or martins =\

and the price difference is 10 dollars! but i just wanted to ask because I couldn't find much reliable info on the HD so whenever I cant seem to find info on something I become skeptical and just go with something tired and true

nonetheless I think I am set on the HD just wanted to see if there were any negative experiences out there

Back