• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brixazure

Registered
so i am building a new comp...got my case..and power supply, possibly a card but i need help picking out the cpu..i want to go intel i think..i kno they will last me longer than AMD...least that is what im told.... any suggestions.. i want to dual screen and be able to play my games at max settings if possible while staying in my budget..

If I were to recommend a cpu I would recommend the Intel core i5 2500k or the Intel core i7 2600k both are used by a huge number of members on this site and are easily overclock-able. I currently have a 2500k and run it at 4.5 GHZ with no issues at all. (or you could wait for Ivy bridge, no idea on the dates (sorry)); I would stay away from AMD they are currently a quickly sinking ship :)

As for the dual screen and max settings: That is determined by the graphics card. I currently have an AMD HD 6950 I run 3 screens (3840x1024) at the max settings on WoW, RIFT, and BF3. I believe that anything in the 68** or 69** range should be good for what you are looking for. Another note if you want to run in dual screen mode for games you need a card that runs eyenfinity (2 monitors, 1 resolution)

If I were to recommend a cpu I would recommend the Intel core i5 2500k or the Intel core i7 2600k both are used by a huge number of members on this site and are easily overclock-able. I currently have a 2500k and run it at 4.5 GHZ with no issues at all. (or you could wait for Ivy bridge, no idea on the dates (sorry)); I would stay away from AMD they are currently a quickly sinking ship :)

As for the dual screen and max settings: That is determined by the graphics card. I currently have an AMD HD 6950 I run 3 screens (3840x1024) at the max settings on WoW, RIFT, and BF3. I believe that anything in the 68** or 69** range should be good for what you are looking for. Another note if you want to run in dual screen mode for games you need a card that runs eyenfinity (2 monitors, 1 resolution)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150563

would this work then for the gpu?

max settings also include AA/AF? if so you will need a gpu with 2gb or more ram for a 2-3 screen setup. more or less meaning the resolution that will be used for a 2-3 screen setup.

max settings also include AA/AF? if so you will need a gpu with 2gb or more ram for a 2-3 screen setup. more or less meaning the resolution that will be used for a 2-3 screen setup.

Tht gpu has 2gb on it...i was also thinking of extending the game onto 2 screens.

Back